Rydges Sydney Central - Free Upgrade
The offer in the magazine has no expiry, so I emailed the hotel. This was their response:
In addition, if you are a Gold member of their Priority Guest Rewards programme (free to join and no minimum number of stays required), you will receive:
- 10% off nightly rates
- 20% off food and drinks at Rydges hotel restaurants and bars
- 1pm late check-out
- Complimentary welcome drink
- Complimentary bottle of water (most hotels will charge at least $4 for a bottle)
- Complimentary internet access
- Choice of newspaper
Priority Guest Rewards is also linked to the Global Hotel Alliance DISCOVERY programme, which offers benefits at over 500 other hotels around the world.
How do I book?
To secure this deal, and the other benefits listed above, follow these steps:
1. If you are not already a member, join Priority Guest Rewards. Start by entering your name, email address, and preferred password in the fields at the top of this page:
2. Make a booking online for a stay at the Rydges Sydney Central. The offer does not specify any particular room you need to book, so I would go for the cheapest one, which is the Superior Room. This page on the hotel website says that this room can be available from AU$159 per night however my demo search for a one-night stay on the 12th April 2017 has this room at AU$179:
While the offer does not say that upgrades are subject to availability, the reality is that they always will be. I would recommend booking a refundable rate in case the hotel turns down the upgrade, and you'd otherwise prefer not to proceed with the stay if you don't receive one. The Best Flexible Rate can be cancelled up to 2pm one day prior to arrival, with no fee.
3. After you have completed your booking, send an email to the hotel at email@example.com, quote your reservation number, and mention that you saw the offer in the 'SCOOT' Magazine. Await a response, and you're done!
So what's the value of this deal?
For my demo search, the Best Flexible Rate for the Executive Room was AU$224. The 'Bed and Breakfast' package was AU$268, valuing breakfast at AU$44.
Not including the other benefits you receive as a member of Priority Guest Rewards, this deal from the Scoot Magazine would offer at least AU$89 in value for a one-night stay on the 12th April 2017. This can obviously add up quickly if you're staying for more than one night, and the deal doesn't seem to have any restrictions on numbers of nights, or whether you get the breakfast on one night, or every night.
As we always say - book the hotel and the rate that is best for you. If you were wanting to stay at the Rydges Sydney Central, then this is a great offer that doesn't require much effort to obtain. If you want to stay somewhere cheaper and would prefer to try other breakfast joints around Sydney, do that instead. Just make sure it all adds up to savings in your pocket.
Have you used this deal? How did it work out for you?