Kempinski Hotels are located in 30 countries across Europe, Asia and Africa. They have a growing presence in a China, with 21 hotels.
They are a part of the Global Hotel Alliance (GHA), an alliance of independent branded hotels. GHA has an excellent membership programme offering benefits between all the different brands - signing up at one hotel gives you universal access to the benefits at all the others.
I haven't stayed at a Kempinski Hotel however as a Platinum GHA member, I would definitely give them a shot the next time I'm visiting China.
Current Special Offers
- Emirates have a special offer where you can earn triple Skywards Miles when staying in Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates Dubai, or double Skywards Miles when staying at other participating hotels worldwide. This offer includes a guaranteed complimentary room upgrade upon availability. Book and stay between 1 February and 30 April 2017. If you're not already a member, join Emirates Skywards today to take advantage of this offer.
- If there are partner offers available, they'll be found here.
- All other special offers can be found here.
DISCOVERY membership is complimentary, so enrol today (click link and scroll to bottom of the page) to instantly enjoy membership benefits including:
- Preferential rates when booking direct
- Complimentary bottle of water (most hotels will charge at least $4 for a bottle)
- Complimentary internet access
- Morning beverage and pastry service with wake-up call
- Choice of newspaper
Being a member of the programme will also provide you with benefits at over 500 other hotels around the world.
The more you stay, the more benefits you'll receive - see this page for more detail on the Platinum and Black tiers of the programme.
Frequent Flyer Miles/Points
Kempinski partner with seven airlines to offer you a number of miles/points per stay at their hotels. You'll earn these in addition to any of your DISCOVERY benefits:
- Aeroflot Bonus, 500 miles
- Air China PhoenixMiles, 800 miles
- Emirates Skywards, 500 miles (some exclusions, see below)
- Lufthansa Miles & More, 500 miles
- Turkish Airlines Miles & Smiles, 500 miles
- KrisFlyer, 500 miles
- Qatar Privilege Club, 500 miles
In addition to frequent double or triple mile offers, Emirates and Kempinski have a partnership where Emirates Skywards Platinum and Gold members are entitled to a complimentary room upgrade subject to availability at check-in. Simply quote your Emirates Skywards membership number at the time of booking or at check-in.
Kempinski properties exempt from earning Skywards Miles or receiving the complimentary room upgrade are Falkenstein Grand Kempinski (Koenigstein – Frankfurt), Villa Rothschild Kempinski (Koenigstein – Frankfurt) and Kempinski Hotel Guiyang (China).
Sixt often have special rates available on car hire when you book through this page. DISCOVERY Platinum and Black members are also entitled to join the Sixt member programme and receive additional benefits on car hire.
Best Rate Guarantee
By booking directly via kempinski.com, they guarantee you the best rates without any extra fees. Should you find a lower rate on another website, within 24 hours of completing a reservation at Kempinski.com, they will match the lower rate found and will discount it even further by an additional 25%, for the entire duration of the reservation originally made. In addition to that, you’ll be upgraded to the next higher room category, subject to availability at the time of check in at the hotel.
Photo courtesy of Kempinski Hotels